Deakin Business School and the Geelong Chamber of Commerce recently released their 2016 business trends survey for the Geelong Region. The survey were the results of 153 businesses responding to the certain questions put forward to them. The key takeaways were:
- An upward trend in the overall confidence of Geelong businesses
- A slight decline in Geelong businesses expecting an increase in sales but profitability is expected to remain the same
- Employment expectations increased substantially
- Similar future investment expectations as in previous years
- Local Government leadership, policy and support and competition are the 2 top barriers to growth.
If you require further details or wish to obtain a copy of the report please contact Bernadette Uzelac at the Geelong Chamber of Commerce on 5222 2234.